The Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies faculty members are scholars and leaders in the field of communication. Departmental faculty have national and international reputations and continue to be honored for their ongoing commitment to scholarship, teaching, and service.
Faculty Scholarship, Teaching, and Service at a glance:
• 18 books (9 national book awards, 3 regional book awards)
• 56 scholarly articles since 2014 (2 national article award)
• Patricia Doherty Yoder and Ronald Wolfe Endowed Chair in Communication Ethics
• Former Henry Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Endowed Chair for Scholarly Excellence (2010-2015)
For a representative list of faculty scholarship and scholarship awards click here.
Our faculty members are nationally and internationally known scholar-teachers.
For a representative list of teaching awards click here.
• Current/Former Executive Directors: Eastern Communication Association (ECA), Pennsylvania Communication Association (PCA), Religious Communication Association (RCA)
• Current/Former Presidents: Eastern Communication Association (ECA), Pennsylvania Communication Association (PCA), Religious Communication Association (RCA)
• Current/Former Editors of 9 scholarly journals (International, National, Regional, State)
For a representative list of service awards click here.
A complete record of faculty accolades can be viewed on their respective curriculum vita, accessible through their faculty pages.