Digital Media Arts - Web Concentration
Digital Media Arts Undergraduate Major – Web Development Concentration
The Web Development concentration allows students to pursue an aesthetic and usability approach to Web design and/or programming. Students learn graphic design and interface usability for the development of attractive and functional Web pages. They also learn programming languages for the Web, database applications, and other server technologies to build Web-based applications.
Students will be able to:
- Evaluate web site usability.
- Optimize media for Web delivery.
- Understand and apply Web design standards.
- Create database driven dynamic websites.
- Create sites that incorporate evolving Web capabilities.
- Develop interactive client-side interfaces.
Digital Media Arts Major - Web Development (36 credits)
- JMA 140 - Media Literacy*
- JMA 260 – New Media Production*
- JMA 465W – Media Ethics*
- JMA 473 – Media Law and Regulation*
- JMA 440 – Professional Development & Project Management
- JMA 226 – Intro to Web Design & Development
- JMA 318 – Web Design
- JMA 472 – Client-Side Scripting 1
- JMA Elective Courses (12 Credits) Students will select electives after consultation with their department mentor.
*All majors in the Media department will take 12 credits of departmental core courses.