Accelerated Master of Arts Program
The Department of English invites undergraduate students at Duquesne to earn a Master of Arts degree in only five years (including two summers). Undergraduate students are able to earn six graduate credits by taking graduate level courses in the last year of their BA. For more information on this, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies.
Applicants for the Master of Arts in English must be in the final year of undergraduate study towards a major in English, and must submit the following materials to the Director of Graduate Studies for review:
- An online application for the Master's program
- An application addendum
- Official transcripts recording all baccalaureate work
- An undergraduate G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
- A sample of the applicant's academic writing
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicants academic studies
- A statement of the applicant's purpose in seeking the Master of Arts degree
- Results on the verbal and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
All materials are due in the office of the Director of Graduate Studies no later than June 30th prior to fall registration.