In this course students work in an organization for one semester. Their work is supervised by a staff person and reviewed by a faculty member. The internship serves as a field experience for the application of what has been learned in the academic setting. Internships can be either in the USA or another country.
Download the Internship (PLCR 605) syllabus (pdf).
A few of the places where Policy Center students have served as interns are
- Allegheny County District Attorney
- Allegheny Institute for Public Policy
- Citizens for Pennsylvania's Future
- Global Pittsburgh
In other places:
- Central Asia Caucasus Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Embassy of Azerbaijan
- National Albanian-American Council, Washington, DC
- Northern Ghana Peacebuilding Project, Damongo, Northern Region, Ghana
- West Africa Network for Peacebuilding Accra, Ghana