Media Arts Certificate Program
An 18-credit (6-course) certificate in Media Arts and Technology is for professionals who want to keep current in the fast-changing sphere of multimedia and web technologies.
Certificates are available in Media Management, Digital Media, Web Design and Development.
Media Arts and Technology certificate students must take JMA 501 – Introduction to Multimedia Technology and JMA 530 – Digital Imaging for Multimedia. Students also take four additional JMA graduate courses.
Web Design students must take JMA 545 - Web Interface Design and JMA 574 – Web Design. Students also take four additional JMA graduate courses.
Web Development students must take JMA 572 - Client-Side Scripting 1 and JMA 575 - Database for Web Development. Students also take four additional JMA graduate courses.
- You must submit to the department a self-nomination document, or examples of electronic portfolios (URL or CD) or hard copy portfolio. If you choose to write the self-nomination document, you should address these issues:
- Your reasons for pursuing a Certificate in Media Arts and Technology
- How you would contribute to such a program
- A description of how your interests, activities, and work relate to Web Design or Multimedia.
Transferring to the Master's Degree
- Courses may be transferred to the Master's program provided the request is made prior to your last course.
- At that time, you must submit your GRE scores and provide three letters of reference. You should take your GRE exams during your first year to ensure they arrive in a timely manner.