All JMA majors — and prospective majors — must schedule a face-to-face meeting with their JMA faculty mentor prior to registering for classes each semester. Before meeting their College of Liberal Arts advisor for scheduling, students must meet with their JMA mentor, who will help ensure that students are meeting major requirements and progressing sensibly through the JMA curriculum. Students require a signed form from their mentor before they will be allowed to register for JMA classes. This procedure cannot be handled by phone or e-mail.
Unless you are studying abroad, you must meet with your faculty mentor prior to advisement and scheduling.
Mentoring Progress Sheets:
- Undergrad: Digital Media Arts
- Undergrad: Multiplatform Journalism
- Undergrad: AD/PR
- Grad: Digital Media
- Grad: Media Management
- Grad: Web Design and Development
Advertising and Public Relations Majors:
- All Advertising Majors see Dr. Zeynep Tanes-Ehle, 533 College Hall, email@example.com
- PR Majors last name A through J see Dr. Zeynep Tanes-Ehle, 533 College Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR Majors last name K through Z see Dr. Mike Dillon, 544E College Hall, email@example.com
- PR Majors may also see GA Julie Pawlikowski, 543 College Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Multiplatform Journalism Majors and Current Print Journalism Majors:
- Last name A through C see Dr. Mike Dillon, 544E College Hall, email@example.com
- Last Name D through O see Prof. Maggie Patterson 544B College Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last name P through Z see Dr. Pam Walck, 531 College Hall, email@example.com
- Journalism students who have been assigned a new mentor may work with their mentor from last year if they wish.
Digital Media Arts Majors/Multimedia Development Majors:
- Students interested in Web Development see Mr. Phil DuPont, 527 College Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital Media Arts Majors A through M see Dr. William Gibbs, 544C College Hall, email@example.com
- Digital Media Arts Majors N through Z see Mr. Jim Vota, 535 College Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Media Concentration:
- Students interested in Sports Media see Dr. Rob Bellamy, 544A College Hall, email@example.com
*As of the Fall 2013 semester, the department offers ONE Journalism major – Multiplatform Journalism. A Journalism major who came in under the old ‘print’ and ‘broadcast’ majors should follow the new Multiplatform Journalism curriculum if it does not extend your graduation date. If it would extend your graduation date, you can follow the curriculum that was in place when you began your program. If you have questions, please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Mike Dillon.