Master of Science in Leadership at Duquesne
This program of study is ideal for adult working professionals with current or anticipated leadership responsibilities at all levels and from diverse professional backgrounds and experiences.
Located in the McAnulty Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the program offers a wide range of courses across disciplines to provide professionals with targeted and flexible skills with which to develop and strengthen their individual leadership style and philosophy and to advance their career development goals. Courses focus on competencies such as critical and creative thinking, innovative problem solving, making critical decisions, communicating effectively, forging alliances, and inspiring others, all within a strong ethical framework.
The M.S. in Leadership provides the framework for learning, analyzing, and interacting in new and exciting ways, so as to provide leaders the confidence to meet the challenges and changes in today's rapidly evolving and more global professional landscape.
Make a difference in your professional career - and your life - with a master's degree in leadership from the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts at Duquesne University.
Why choose Duquesne's 30-credit Master of Science in Leadership?
- Diverse up-to-date courses with a strong ethical dimension
- Distinguished faculty with academic and professional expertise
- Convenient online courses
- Flexibility to start in August, January, or May
- Self pacing
- Degree can be earned in less than two years
- No required entrance exams (GRE or GMAT)
- Access to Career Services during program and then as an alumnus
- Special tuition discount for employees of partner organizations.
- An Advisor will guide you through the entire process from registration to graduation and is happy to meet with you on campus and/or online
- New to online learning? We help you to become comfortable with online learning through orientations and direct human support
- Online access to the University's Writing Center and Gumberg Library
- Strong support to military and veteran students through the Veteran and Military Services.
Leadership Core - 15 credits
- Introduction to the Graduate Study of Leadership
- Organizational Communication for Leaders
- Conflict Resolution
- Leading People and Managing Relationships
- Leadership Capstone.
Elective Courses - 15 credits
Up to two (2) graduate relevant electives may be transferred from another graduate program at Duquesne or other accredited University, with permission.
If you would like to speak with an advisor, please contact Kathy Rebholz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-396-5558.
For fall beginning term, deadline is August 1.
For spring beginning term, deadline is January 3.
For summer beginning term, deadline is April 10.
Regulations on Online Program Applicants
Due to higher education regulation changes, Duquesne University is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs and courses from students residing in:
- New Mexico