Digital Media Arts - Multimedia Concentration
For specific questions about the Digital Media Arts Multimedia program, contact Mr. Jim Vota.
Multimedia is the skillful merging of creative thinking, design, information management, development, interactive environments, and visual communication through technology.
Students apply these concepts and processes to create robust multimedia experiences in a variety of disciplines and industries.
Students will be able to:
- Edit digital photographs.
- Create and manipulate images for a variety of platforms.
- Create digital videos for web and mobile devices.
- Create and design web sites.
- Apply graphic design principles.
- Create and manipulate digital sound.
Digital Media Arts Major - Multimedia (36 credits)
- JMA 140 - Media Literacy*
- JMA 260 - New Media Production*
- JMA 465W - Media Ethics*
- JMA 473 - Media Law and Regulation*
- JMA 324 - Principles of Audio and Video
- JMA 440 - Professional Development & Project Management
- JMA 340W - Writing for Advertising and Copywriting
- JMA 402 - Visual Design & Layout
- JMA Elective Courses (12 Credits) Students will select electives after consultation with their department mentor.
*All majors in the Media department will take 12 credits of departmental core courses.