Bioethics beyond Borders brings together bioethicists, academics, health professionals and policymakers to volunteer worldwide to promote the application of a human rights based approach to bioethics around the world.
- advocates the implementation and application of bioethical principles across the world
- identifies cases, problems and issues mainly in poor and low income countries to help individuals throughout the world receive health care in just and ethical ways
- offers ethical guidance to hospitals and organizations throughout the world
- gives recommendations and advice to policymaking bodies and NGOs that reach out to individuals on national and international level, especially those working with vulnerable populations
- assists in the creation of standards and guidelines for the delivery of healthcare and the performance of research in an ethical manner
- educates and offers teaching to individuals and organizations interested in the implementation and application of bioethical principles
- stimulates public debate on bioethical issues
- encourages professional responses to bioethical challenges and questions
- proposes if necessary, remedial action as well as appropriate measures and policies.
Building bioethics capacity around the world for universal application of bioethical principles