CIQR Presentation Archives 2005-2006
Agendas, Minutes and Notices
Academic Year 2005-2006
Sept 22, 2005-- Monthly Speakers: Maureen O'Brien, Ph.D. and Helen Blier, Ph.D.: Focus Groups in Qualitative Research
Oct. 20, 2005-- Monthly Speakers: Leswin Laubscher, Ph.D. and Kathleen Roberts, Ph.D.: Culture and Identity
Nov. 3 - 4, 2005-- External Speaker: Dr. Iris Marion Young: Structural Injustice and the Politics of Difference, Responsibility and Global Justice: A social Connection Model
Dec. 1, 2005-- Monthly Speakers: Constance Fischer, Ph.D. and Norman Conti, Ph.D.: Participant Observation and Empirical Phenomenological Research
Dec. 7, 2005-- Special Event: CIQR Certificate Presentations:
- Bill Blais, Department of Psychology: " Prometheus' Flame: A Mythological Examination of Technology."
- Linda Zane, Department of Education: "Teachers' Attachment Recollections from Childhood as Predictors of Teacher-Child Relationships WIthin Early Childhood Classrooms."
- Tanya A, Brown, Department of Psychology: "Conversations Matter: An Ethnographic Evaluation of a Local Community Iniative."
- Fadoua Loudiy, Department of Rhetoric:"Phobias Reborn: Politics of the Other and Excesses of Memory"
- Tom Sparrow, Department of Philosophy: "Essex School Discourse Analysis: What's it For?"
- Anne Marie Hansen, Department of Education: "Experiences in Service Learning: Listening to Many Voices."
- Mandy Schleifer, Department of Psychology: "Bridging the Research-Practice Gap: Involving Therapists in the Development of Clinically Relevant Research Questions."
- John Danna, Department of Psychology:"Narrative Change in Psychotherapy."
Jan.26, 2006-- Monthly Speakers: Dr. James Swindal, Dept. of Philosophy, "Working Off the Past: The 'Methodology' of Critical Theory" and Dr. Laura Callanan, Dept. of English, "Literary Theory, Identity Politics, and the Ideals of Close Reading."
February 16, 2006-- Monthly Speaker: Katherine Blee, Ph.D.: "Racism as a Social Movement"
March 23-24, 2006-- External Speaker: Edward S. Casey. Ph. D.: Coming to the Edge: Reflections on Borders and Boundaries and Research Methods in the Wake of Phenomenology.
April 21, 2006-- Psychology Department and CIQR joint presentation: A Workshop on "Qualrus:" Software on Qualitative Research.