M.A. in Communication Studies
This degree integrates aspects of both the Corporate Communication degree and the Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication degree. This program provides a strong theoretical background that informs an understanding of procedures and principles in professional communication.
Required Core Courses
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 522 Communication Research Methods
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
Communication Studies Track
Select two of the following four courses:
- COMM 527 Communication Management
- COMM 536 Integrated Marketing Communication
- COMM 559 Philosophy of Communication
- COMM 561 Rhetorical Theory
In addition, you will take 15 elective credits from within the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies.