Support Through Instructional Opportunities
We offer doctoral assistantships that include teaching and research assignments. The deadline for completed applications is January 15.
A limited number of on-campus doctoral teaching assistantships are awarded for Fall and Spring terms on a competitive basis by application. To be considered, you must be fully admitted to the Ph.D. Program and have submitted complete application information prior to the application deadline. Contact the Director of the Ph.D. Program for additional information.
Assistantships include tuition remission and stipend, offering the following opportunities:
- Classroom preparation and experience in a scholar/teacher model of higher education
- Associate instructor designation given to assistants when assuming primary instructional responsibility for a course
- Close interaction and mentoring through teaching meetings with course faculty
- Opportunity to work with faculty on course preparation and instruction assistance
- Collaborative research projects with faculty members
- Professional development opportunities
Other Instructional Opportunities
The program works to provide support for as many doctoral students as possible. Therefore beyond a limited number of assistantships other students are able to secure partial support for their doctoral studies by serving in instructional roles within the department. As adjunct instructors, doctoral students receive partial tuition remission and a modest stipend.