- Under the umbrella of the Department of History, the Art History Program offers a degree which lays the foundation for promising careers.
- Survey and period courses in the history of western art are offered so as to introduce the concepts of art history to those who wish to extend their visual perimeter and to understand the role of the visual arts in Western Culture.
(Students and faculty enjoy a trip to Frank Lloyd Wright's famous Fallingwater in April of 2013.)
How Do I Declare My Art History Major or Minor?
Declaring your Art History Major or Minor is easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Log into DORI.
2. In the upper right corner, click on INDEX.
3. Select ACADEMICS>>>SCHOOLS>>>LIBERAL ARTS
4. Under BACHELOR'S PROGRAMS in the center of the page, click on RESOURCES FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS.
5. Select MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION FORM.
6. Just fill out the online form and you're done!
Interested in Studio Art?
While Duquesne University doesn't offer a formal Studio Art major or minor, it does offer a few courses for students wishing to delve into their creative sides while satisfying the University's core creative arts theme area requirement or the College of Liberal Arts' elective requirement. For more information, contact an academic advisor or Dr. Julia A. Sienkewicz today!