We offer four-year Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degree programs that combine computing theory and programming skills, both of which are essential for solving problems in many types of careers.
Our computer science program emphasizes:
- understanding theoretical foundations of computing;
- appreciating the interdependency of various aspects and components of computing;
- applying computer science principles to real-world problems;
- cultivating software development skills;
- adapting to the latest technologies.
Why Major in Computer Science?
Majoring in computer science will:
- train you to create software applications in fields ranging from gaming to Web and mobile apps;
- give you a strong understanding of computational theory and best practices so that you can adapt throughout your career to ever-evolving computing capabilities;
- prepare you for graduate study leading to research-and-development opportunities;
- provide you with a strong technology background that could, with other education, lead to entrepreneurial ventures or technically-demanding positions in fields including business, engineering, medicine, and science.
Here is a recommended course flowchart guide for download here
Detailed requirements for the computer science degree programs can be found at Duquesne's Undergraduate Catalog.