Major in Corporate Communication
What is Corporate Communication?
Corporate Communication is the study and implementation of strategic organizational leadership in a changing global marketplace. It recognizes the importance of interpersonal and public communication in national and international organizational contexts, especially in terms of corporate public relations (public affairs), event planning, employee and community relations, communication management, and conflict negotiation.
What courses will I take in this major?
As a Corporate Communication major, you will be introduced to courses that include, but are not limited to:
Organizational and Management Communication
- COMM 388 Corporate & Integrated Marketing Comm. Research
- COMM 427 Communication Management
- COMM 455 Small Group & Team Communication
- COMM 456 Organizational Communication
- COMM 463 Strategic Corporate Communication
- COMM 486 Organizational Consulting
- COMM 330 Integrated Marketing Comm. Functions I: Public Relations
- COMM 430 Integrated Marketing Comm. Strategies I: Public Relations
- COMM 322 Corporate Communication: Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Communication
- COMM 350 Communication and Community Relations
- COMM 387 Event Planning: Communication Architecture
- COMM 445 Nonprofit Development & Philanthropy Communication
Professional Communication Skills
- COMM 202 Business & Professional Communication
- COMM 204 Professional Communication in Integrated Marketing
- COMM 418W Conflict Management in Organizations
- COMM 454 Interpersonal Communication
Where can I intern or get a job?
As a Corporate Communication major, you are prepared for employment in corporate communication, internal marketing communication, public affairs, community relations, human resource management, for-profit and nonprofit firms and other business contexts. All Corporate Communication majors are encouraged to pursue one or more internships, both as a volunteer and as a for-credit experience. Internship opportunities are available year-round through our departmental Internship Office.