City Music Center
Make a Payment
Currently, all students registered for prgrams and lessons at City Music Center have been assigned an ID#. This ID number is indicated at the top of your account summary as well as on your monthly paper invoice. It is an 8 digit number preceeded by the letter D.
You'll need to include this number when making payments (online and by check or money order) to ensure the payment is applied to your account. To make a payment online, click the button below:
City Music Center of Duquesne University offers 3 payment plans:
- Payment in Full - Pay your entire tuition balance by October 14, 2017.
- 50-50 Payment - Pay 50% of your tuition balance by October 14, 2017 and the remaining 50% before January 20, 2018.
- Monthly Payments - Pay your tuition balance in 8 monthly installments beginning October 14, 2017 and ending May 12, 2018.
CMC Policies & Procedures
Once registration is finalized, faculty and administration expect that the student will complete the academic year. Students are expected to attend all lessons and classes. Should a student need to withdraw from the program, notification in writing must be given to both faculty and administration. Refunds and tuition adjustments will be at the sole discretion of the CMC Director.
Lesson Cancelation & Make up Lessons:
Lessons that are cancelled by the teacher will be made up at a time agreed upon by both parties.
Teachers are under no obligation to make up lessons cancelled by students, and such cancelations will not result in any type of adjustment in tuition.
Schoology for Musicianship I & II, and General Musicianship
How to Sign Up and Log In to Schoology
The following directions will tell you how to sign up and log in to your course for Mrs. Emily Paladin's Musicianship 1, Musicianship 2, and General Musicianship classes.
NOTE: *All student must register individually - siblings may not share accounts.
Through Schoology, you will be able to access course materials, such as handouts and audio files for ear training practice at home, as well as see your personal gradebook and scores for written dictation and sight- singing quizzes.
Make sure you have your placement so you know which course you are joining - if you do not know your placement, contact Mrs. Paladin. Only register for the course to which you are assigned.
1. Go to www.schoology.com and click the blue "Sign Up" button in the top right corner of the page.
2. Click the blue "Student" button to sign up for a student account.
3. Enter the Access Code for the course you are enrolling in, then click
4. Enter your first name, last name, an email address that you check REGULARLY, and create a password. (You can choose whether to receive updates from Schoology - it is not required.) Click "Register."
5. You should now be registered for your course. When you log in, click the "Courses" tab at the top of the page, which will allow you to access your particular course. Take the tour and familiarize yourself with the layout. Weekly assignments and course materials will be posted to the "Materials" page each week.
If you have any questions, contact Emily Paladin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Documents: Please download, print, read, and sign the document below:
Register for Performance Class
City Music Center students can take advantage of Performance Class to gain valuable experience in performing on stage for an audience. The class takes place in the PNC Recital Hall at 1:00pm and usually last 30-45 minutes. Essentially, the class is a mock-recital that provides the opportunity to conquer the nervousness associated with performing for others. In this class we also discuss concepts like stage presence, when to take a bow, how to acknowledge your accompanist and much more! If you are interested in signing up for a performance class, please click the link below:
2017 Performance class dates: 9/30, 10/7, 11/4, 11/11, and 11/18.
2018 Performance class dates: 1/13, 1/27, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/17, and 4/21.
City Music Center Recitals
City Music Center students are encouraged to perform in formal recitals as part of their musical studies. Your private teacher/coach will assign pieces to learn for these recitals and will assist you in preparing for the performance. There are three types of formal recitals throughout the academic year (listed below).
Suzuki Recitals - (for students enrolled in the Suzuki program)
- October 14, 2017 | PNC Hall 2:30pm-4:00pm
- December 9, 2017 | PNC Hall 2:30pm-4:00pm
- February 10, 2018 | PNC Hall 2:30-4:00pm
- April 28, 2018 | PNC Hall 2:30-4:00pm
Traditional Recitals - (for students enrolled in Traditional studies program)
- December 16, 2017 | PNC Hall 2:00pm-3:30pm
- May 19, 2018 | PNC Hall 2:00pm-3:30pm
Ensemble Recitals - (for students participating in Ensembles)
- December 16, 2017 | Room 206 12:00-1:30pm
- May 5, 2018 | Room 206 12:00-1:30pm
View the Class Schedule & Academic Calendar
Click the button below to view the academic calendar:
You can also download a copy of the classroom schedule below:
Contact your teacher
View faculty directory to locate and contact your teacher