• Eligibility to attend requires successful completion of on-campus curriculum
• A minimum of 1,020 hours required beyond the 4-year, on-campus curriculum
- Approximately 6 months on a full-time basis
- Longer on a part-time basis
• Application process
- Individual selection of AMTA National Roster Internships
- Completion of, at minimum, four applications
- Interview with internship supervisors
• Financial responsibilities
- Student typically furnishes room and board
- Often unpaid
- Frequently involves relocation
• Course registration for Music Therapy Internship
- Retains full-time student status
- Does not involve university tuition/fees
• Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy degree conferred after successful completion of internship
*Curriculum is subject to change.
**DU music therapy majors are unable to attend internships in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Wisconsin.
***Eligibility for and acceptance to internship is not guaranteed. Duquesne University students are required to achieve at least a B grade in the music therapy courses to remain in the program. The Duquesne University Music Therapy Program has a long history of students successfully at attaining and completing internships and passing the board certification exam.