On Sunday, October 15 and Monday, October 16, Duquesne University's Collegiate Chapter of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) will hold its annual Career Day. This is the twenty-eighth year in which the program will take place. Career Day is designed for high school students who express interest in pursuing a career in music education, performance, therapy, or technology.
Participants of Career Day will have the opportunity to engage in many activities that will give them a glimpse of the life of a music major. A full schedule of the two-day event, along with other considerations is available by clicking here.
A parent/ guardian MUST be present upon student arrival. If the student is departing the event with a different adult on Monday afternoon, consent must be given during the sign-in process on Sunday afternoon.
All proceeds go to Duquesne University's collegiate chapter of NAfME to cover the expenses for this event as well as to fund chapter activities throughout the year. We will contact you via email upon receipt of registration materials as a form of confirmation, as well as to provide you with more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Career Day Coordinator, Hannah Roux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is capped at 60 participants, so make sure to sign up soon to reserve your space.
The official schedule of events for Career Day ends at 12 p.m. on Monday, October 16. At this time, with parent permission, students have the choice to participate in mock auditions, ensemble viewings, and attend a performance from the United States Air Force Heritage Brass Band.
In order to register for Career Day, parents must complete all of the forms listed below.
Participation is as follows:
- Early Registration (postmarked on or before Friday, October 6) - $20
- Late Registration (postmarked October 7-10) - $25
- Registrations postmarked on or after October 11 will not be accepted.
To submit your payment, please write a check payable to NAfME No. 159 and mail to the following address prior to the deadlines listed above. If this is not possible, please contact Hannah Roux at email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
Mary Pappert School of Music
NAfME Career Day
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282-0001
What To Bring
- All necessities for particular instrument
- Sheet music including three-to-five copies for the auditioning board
- Extra copy of accompaniment (if necessary)
- Casual wear
- Valid photo identification (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR OVERNIGHT STAY)
- Change of clothes for Monday (casual dress)
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, washcloth, towel, etc.
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Flip-flops/sandals to wear in the shower
- Pen or pencil