General Information About Duquesne University
On Campus Housing
- Information and applications for on-campus housing can be found by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: Linens are not included in room and board. Linens must be requested/paid for separately. Please contact Megan Peterson for rates and accomodations.
- All on-campus housing questions can be directed the Office of Residence Life.
- Students staying on campus will have access to campus WiFi. Logins and passwords will be made available when you arrive.
- All participants must check in between 10am and Noon in the lobby outside the Dr. Thomas D. Pappert Center for Performance and Innovation. The Pappert Center is located on the third floor of the Mary Pappert School of Music at Duquesne.
All Washburgh participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from Duquesne University.
- The approximate cost of taxi service from Pittsburgh International Airport to Duquesne University is $40.
- SuperShuttle is a convenient, and often less expensive, option for traveling to campus. The approximate cost of SuperShuttle service from Pittsburgh International Airport is $26.
- Click here for public transporation options from aiports and train stations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Washburgh Timpani Seminar located?
The festival is located at the Mary Pappert School of Music at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA. All events are held in the Dr. Thomas D. Pappert Center for Performance and Innovation and the percussion studio.
Are laundry facilities provided?
Yes, washers/dryers are available in the residence halls. Bring quarters!
Are linens provided for my stay in the dorm?
Yes, but linens must be requested/paid for separately. Please contact Megan Peterson for rates and accomodations.
What is the summer weather like in Pittsburgh?
Weather in Pittsburgh during the summer can vary. Evenings can be cool and quite comfortable, but during the day it will often be very hot and humid. Rain is common, so you may want to bring a rain jacket and/or umbrella for walking around campus.