Preparing Tomorrow’s Health Care Leaders
If you want to become a nurse—or if you already are a nurse but you aspire to higher levels of professionalism—then we have a program for you. The Duquesne University School of Nursing can match your ambition with an academic program that will help you become the best nurse you can be.
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, Duquesne will prepare you to excel in the rapidly changing profession of nursing. While you’re learning the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the best patient care possible, you also will be inspired to develop personal and ethical values that make you not just a care provider, but a health care leader.
Academics That Will Set You Apart
The School of Nursing is a widely recognized pioneer in nursing education, having created Pennsylvania’s first B.S.N. program in 1937 and the nation’s first online nursing Ph.D. program in 1997. Today, our school is recognized by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence, and our graduate program has been ranked nationally by US News & World Report.
A Diverse Offering of Programs
No matter where you are in your life and career journey, the School of Nursing has a program to fit your needs:
- B.S.N. —This traditional, four-year degree program is for graduating high school and transfer students who want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Second-Degree B.S.N. —This unique program allows non-nurse baccalaureate degree holders to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in just 12 months.
- M.S.N. — Our Master of Science in Nursing program offers three distinctive areas of specialization: Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner, Forensic Nursing and Nursing Education.
- Ph.D. — An online doctorate with a research focus.
- D.N.P. — An online doctorate with a clinical focus.
- Post-Master's Certificates —These certificate programs allow nurses with M.S.N. degrees to acquire specialized skills that may not have been offered in their master's programs.