Duquesne University Student Nurses' Association (DUSNA)
Board of Directors (2016-2017)
President: Julie Herr
Vice President: Sarah Gibson
Treasurer: Briana Gavin
Secretary: Kerri Silbaugh
Legislative Coordinator: Holly Storm
Recruitment Chair: Lauren Murtha
Service Chair: Megan Rudzinski
Social Chair: Brittany Hopper
Publicity Chairs: Morgan Gruender and Emily Churchill
Fundraising Chairs: Elena Billy and Dana Bernard
2015 Student Nurses Association of PA Convention
Hundreds of student nurses from schools in Pennsylvania met in Harrisburg, PA on November 18th to November 20th for the Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania Annual Convention. During the days of convention, the student nurses attended business meetings, keynote speakers, workshops, resolutions hearings, and candidates' presentations.
|DUSNA received several accolades for both individual members and the organization as a whole.|
Sarah Dudley received a SNAP Freshman Member Scholarship
Bridget Seelinger received the Jamey Thiel Miller Memorial Legislative Award for being active in nursing and politics.
DUSNA was awarded a Gold Category
|DUSNA was the only chapter in the state of PA in level 2 to receive the Chapter Excellence Award, a highly coveted award amongst SNAP chapters.|
It was a highly successful SNAP convention with successes for DUSNA all around!
Top Ten Reasons to Join DUSNA
- Become involved in a professional student-run nursing organization.
- Become friends with other classmates and upperclassmen, plus get the inside scoop on professors, clinicals, and classes.
- Participate in community service and social events, fundraisers, and state/national conventions.
- Learn how state and national student organizations work.
- Hear interesting speakers talk about professional opportunities for graduate nurses.
- Assume leadership positions at the local, state and national levels.
- Gain opportunities to receive SNAP and NSNA scholarships and recognition.
- Enhance your resume’ through membership in a professional nursing organization.
- Be mentored by upperclass students and become a mentor to upcoming students.
- Be recognized as a student leader in the School of Nursing.
If you have questions, email the board at: email@example.com