Post Master's Certificate Admissions
ADMISSION CRITERIA (Fall start only)
The application procedures are the same for each certificate. The admissions process for nursing graduate studies is handled exclusively by the School of Nursing.
2. Mail the following to the School of Nursing:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV): a complete resume with dated work and practice, honors, awards, publications and presentations
- Copy of current unencumbered RN license
- Provide a statement of your professional goals and how you plan to use advanced nursing knowledge in your career. Use a separate sheet and limit to one typed page, double-spaced
- Provide two reference letters from professionals who can attest to your aptitude for non-traditional education. Please have the letters sealed in envelopes and signed across the envelope seal by the endorsers
- Copy of course syllabus for prerequisite course: Physical Assessment (if applying to the Family Nurse Practitioner program).
- The request for Advanced Standing Form and supporting documents, if requesting advanced standing
3. Arrange for these documents to be sent directly to the School of Nursing:
- Official BSN transcript
- Official transcripts for prerequisite courses, if not included on BSN program transcript
- Official MSN transcript (NOTE: Advanced Pharmacy courses completed more than 5 years prior to graduation date of the Post Master's Certificate program may need to be repeated.)
- Any additional official graduate transcripts, if requesting advanced standing
4. If you are interested in graduate loans, you must complete the
Graduate Financial Aid Application and mail directly to the Financial Aid Office.
5. Students must meet the Technical Standards for Admission.