Fellowship and Residency Programs
Pathway to Outreach
The Mylan School of Pharmacy offers comprehensive fellowship and residency programs designed to enable a skillful transition from student pharmacist to well-rounded, knowledgeable leader in pharmacy practice and education. We continue to develop and enhance these programs to offer uniquely structured and highly individualized fellowship and residency opportunities that parallel ASHP/APH standards used to accredit residency programs.
Developing Excellence in Scholarship
All fellowship and residency post-graduate training programs at Duquesne University include a teaching and research component to develop each graduate as a teacher and scholar. As a fellow or resident, you will:
- Lecture in small-group sessions, elective classes, and large-scale lectures after completing certain prerequisite teaching methods preparation courses
- Participate in preparatory research methods, qualitative methods, and statistics courses
- Complete at least one individualized research project that must be presented at an appropriate professional organization meeting and submitted for publication in at least one referred journal.
A Tradition of Excellence
School of Pharmacy faculty members operate faculty practice sites through our academic partners program that serve as clinical rotation sites for fellows and residents. The sites enable fellows and residents to refine their clinical skills and gain precepting experience as they advise and develop fourth-year professional (PYIV) pharmacy students. With the Mylan School’s status as one the nation’s most respected schools of pharmacy and a leader in global pharmacy education, our graduates:
- Enjoy 100% placement in career choice
- Receive attention for research at national meetings and are published in high impact journals
- Are recognized as leaders in the pharmacy profession