Maymester: Africa - Tanzania and Zanzibar
Spend the Month of May Studying in Tanzania, Africa. . .
The Duquesne University Maymester Program is taking students to Tanzania in 2015! Tanzania is a beautiful country on the east coast of the continent of Africa. Tanzania is politically stable and famous for its natural wonders, in particular its many national parks including the well-known Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater, as well as Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa at 19,341 feet above sea level.
The Spiritan Order, founders and owners of Duquesne University, have long been in Tanzania. Students will stay for part of the time with the Spiritans at their Guest House in Arusha. This program is an opportunity to spend 4 weeks abroad during the summer to learn and experience a vastly different and intriguing culture, make lifelong friends, and see some of the most magnificent sites in the world.
• Travel on a 4-day African Safari to the Serengeti
• See some of Africa's most spectacular sites: Mount Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti with the accompanying Migration, and the Ngorongoro Crater
• Spend three days in Zanzibar with its world class beaches, Stone Town and outstanding cultural and historical sites
• Visit Dar-es Salaam (Tanzania's capital city) and learn about the history and culture of eastern Africa
• Spend several nights at the Bagamoyo Spiritan Center, a coastal retreat center and the location of where the Spiritan fathers ransomed slaves in the 19th century