Diplomas at Graduation
Diplomas are not automatically mailed to students upon graduation. You must visit the Commencement page, select the Diploma Distribution tab and complete the “Diploma Handling Instructions” to specify your preference for mail or pickup. If you prefer to have the diploma mailed, you must specify a mailing address. If you do not provide a diploma mailing address on the website, your diploma will be available for pickup in the Office of the University Registrar. Please note that it takes several weeks to review each student's record individually for degree clearance. With that in mind, diplomas, both mail and pick-up, will be available on or after the dates specified below.
Diploma Release Dates:
August 2017 Graduates
September 11, 2017
December 2017 Graduates
January 31, 2018
Information regarding the release of diplomas:
- Your record must be free of all holds, and all financial obligations must be met before diplomas are released. You can check your holds in Self-Service Banner.
- You must present a photo ID to pick-up a diploma.
- Diplomas cannot be released to third-parties (including parents) without your written consent. Any such third-party must also present a photo ID to pick up your diploma.
- The degree earned appears on the diploma. Majors, minors, and/or concentrations are not printed on the diploma.
- A final copy of your transcript will be included with your diploma.
- Law School Graduates should consult the Law School Registrar's Office for information on receiving their diplomas.
Graduates can order duplicate diplomas by submitting a completed Duplicate Diploma Request Form to the Office of the University Registrar. Doctoral diplomas, which are now 14"x 11", are $35.00; Master's and Bachelor's diplomas, which are 11" x 8.5", are $25.00. We accept cash, check, or money order (payable to Duquesne University) for payment, or you can pay by MasterCard, Visa, or Discover on the secure payment center. Payment must accompany the Duplicate Diploma Request Form. If the fee has been paid through the secure card payment center, please note that on the form. Note that this is a two-step process. We must receive the request form and the payment when a duplicate diploma is ordered.
If you cannot access the Request Form, you may prepare your own written request by submitting the necessary information* to the Office of the University Registrar. We must receive your formal request, and we must receive the payment for the diploma before we can initiate production of your duplicate diploma. Please note that it takes approximately 3 weeks to have a diploma printed.
*Necessary information, if preparing your own written request for a duplicate diploma:
- The spelling of your name as you wish it to appear on the diploma (please print)
- Any surname you had when you attended Duquesne (to help us locate your record)
- The degree earned
- The year of graduation
- A mailing address for the diploma
- Your signature