Duquesne University offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2013 in celebration of the Memorial Day holiday. All transcript requests* and enrollment verification requests* received on Friday, May 24, will be processed when the University reopens on Tuesday, May 28. The last express mail shipment prior to the holiday will be sent from our office on Friday, May 24, 2013 by 2:00pm. Express Mail services and processing will resume on Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
Current students who need an Enrollment Verification for Summer and/or Fall 2013 during the holiday break can log on to DORI and Self-Service Banner > Student Information > Student Records > Request Enrollment Verification. Degree verification is handled online at www.degreeverify.org year-round. Transcript requests for current students can also be submitted through DORI and Self-Service Banner. Former students can fax transcript requests to our office in our absence.
When we re-open on Tuesday, May 28, 2013, the processing of requests will resume.
Thank you for your cooperation, and have a wonderful holiday weekend.
*Requests will be completed provide that the student transcript data resides in our student system and not just as hard-copy. Other provisions include the receipt of signed requests and that there are no issues involved that would prohibit timely processing.
Information regarding the release of transcripts:
Transcripts may not be ordered over the phone, through email, or by a third party.
- All Duquesne University financial obligations must be met before official transcripts are released.
- Processing takes 1 to 2 business days (or longer during peak periods of final exams and graduation).
- There is no charge for transcripts.
- You must present a photo ID to pick-up a transcript.
- Transcripts will not be released to a third-party without the student's written consent.
- Express Mail delivery of transcripts is available, by paying the postage costs. Please see below for more information on Express Mail delivery options.
- We cannot be responsible for non-receipt of transcript requests or non-delivery by the postal service.
- Students should contact their program office to request transcripts for Continuing Education programs: Financial Planning, Paralegal Studies and Professional Coaching.