Below is a sampling of the awards and recognition that Pittsburgh has received in national media in recent years. We think you'll agree that Pittsburgh is truly a great place to live and learn! We welcome you to visit campus and experience Duquesne University and the city of Pittsburgh firsthand.
- Pittsburgh is rated by Travel + Leisure as one of the best places to travel to.
- In the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards, Pittsburgh is recognized as one of the top ten Destinations on the Rise for 2016.
- Pittsburgh is projected as the second hottest housing market for millennials for 2016.
- Huffington Post ranked Pittsburgh among The Top 10 Cities Techis Should Consider Moving to in 2016.
- Pittsburgh was ranked as the 5th best city for an active lifestyle by WalletHub.
- Livability.com rated Pittsburgh's Downtown at No. 5 on its list of America's best downtowns for 2016.
- Pittsburgh ranked among Top 10 U.S. cities by Men's Journal.
- Pittsburgh is No. 8 among U.S. metros in Site Selection's 2016 Sustainability Rankings.
- Pittsburgh is rated 9th on Forbes list of the 15 most livable cities in the U.S.
- Livability.com named Pittsburgh's Downtown as the No. 1 Downtown in the United States.
- MSN Money rates Pittsburgh as one of the 15 hottest American cities.
- Money Magazine ranks Pittsburgh as the Northeast's best place to live.
- Zagat ranks Pittsburgh as the Number 1 food city in the country.
- Pittsburgh was named No. 8 Top Destination on the Rise by Trip Advisor.
- Livability.com ranks Pittsburgh 3rd among the Top 10 U.S Foodie cities.
- The Pittsburgh area is named one of the top twelve places to invest by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Travel + Leisure ranks Pittsburgh in the top 20 of America's most cultured cities.
- Men's Journal rates Pittsburgh among the Top 50 places to live in the U.S.
- The Huffington Post tells its readers that Pittsburgh is the coolest American city you haven't been to.
- The Economist's Intelligence Unit livability survey ranked Pittsburgh as the most livable location in the Continental U.S.
- Pittsburgh was named the No. 3 place to visit in 2015 by Conde Nast Traveler.
- Pittsburgh's Mt. Washington made the list of America's most stunning views by USA Today.
- The Simple Dollar named Pittsburgh as one of the most affordable big cities in the U.S.
- The Travel Channel named Pittsburgh as one of the Best All-American Vacation spots in 2014.
- The Atlantic named Pittsburgh as one of the "Ten Best Places to Pursue the American Dream".
- The Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey ranked Pittsburgh as the "Most Affordable City in America".
- Forbes named Pittsburgh one of the best cities for veterans after leaving the service.