Mandatory Fall 2016 International Orientation is August 11-13, 2016
- Orientation will begin on August 11th in the Power Center and end on August 13th.
- You will take any required ESL Placement exams during one of the days of orientation.
- Please consult the Accepted Student: Next Steps checklist for links to apply for on-campus housing and to submit your health forms.
- When you arrive to Duquesne come to the International Office on the 6th floor of the Union to present your passport and I-20.
For the most current PDF schedule, click here. - updated 8/4 - any additional updates will be given to you on August 11 at checkin.
To sign up for the optional activities visit: http://goo.gl/forms/JfximZEsLnX5CtzS2
Here is a rough draft with limited details:
Thursday, August 11
- 8:30 am-11am: Welcome, history of Duquesne, Computing and Technology Services, Campus Safety, How to Keep In Immigration Status
- 11am - 12:30pm : Lunch and Resource Fair (set up your bank account, talk to student organizations and campus offices)
- 1pm - 4:30pm: Breakout sessions with Graduate, Undergraduates, and ESL students separate. Student panel discussions, how to register for class, and other imporant information will be presented. Tours of campus will also end this section of the afternoon.
- 5pm: Dinner on campus led by student volunteers (Cultural Ambassadors)
Friday August 12
- Graduate Student ESL Testing and Clearance
- Shopping Trip for Residence Hall supplies
- Picnic for all international students - joined by current students / Cultural Ambassadors!
Saturday August 13
- "Just Ducky" tour of Pittsburgh - by land and river!
- Downtown and neighborhood tours led by student volunteers
Sunday August 14: If you are not living on campus permanently and have requested temporary housing for orientation, you must move out of the dorms on this day.
Monday August 15 - University holiday: residence halls will be open but University offices will be closed
Tuesday August 16
- Undergraduate ESL placement testing
Wednesday August 17 - Friday August 19
- Continued: Undergraduate and graduate clearance forms and class registration
Wednesday August 17
Individual graduate orientations begin
Liberal Arts Orientation: Friday, August 19th
Bayer School Orientation: August 16 - August 19
Music Orientation August 18
Master of Nursing ONLINE
Business Saturday, August 20th.
Pharmacy August 16 - August 19
LLM Wednesday - August 17
Day Law School Program August 17 - August 19
Graduate Special Education August 15, 2016 10 am - Noon 108 Canevin
Undergraduate campus-wide Orientation for New Students begins: www.duq.edu/orientation
A more detailed schedule of events will given to you on the day of Orientation.
During Fall International Orientation you will:
- Meet other new students and the Cultural Ambassadors
- Get immigration, English testing, class registration, and student service information
- Meet with on-campus departments such as Health Services and English as a Second Language
- Speak with various service providers from the city of Pittsbrugh
- Take a campus tour of Duquesne and the neighborhoods of Pittsburgh
- Go shopping
- Enjoy fun activities on and off campus!