download the guidebook through the guidebook app and use passcode duqintl2017
Fall 2017 Orientation - August 10 - 12, 2017
- Orientation will begin on August 10th in the Power Center and end on August 12th.
- You will take any required ESL Placement exams during one of the days of orientation.
- Please consult the Accepted Student: Next Steps checklist for links to apply for on-campus housing and to submit your health forms.
- When you arrive to Duquesne come to the International Office on the 6th floor of the Union to present your passport and I-20.
Here is a rough draft of the schedule with limited details:
Thursday, August 10
- 8:30 am-10am: Registration, Breakfast, Welcome, history of Duquesne, Computing and Technology Services
- 10am - 11:00am : Imkmigration and Health Services
- 11am - 1:00pm: Campus Tour, Resource Fair
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch with Cultural Ambassadors
- 1:00pm-4:00pm : Program Specific Sessions for Undergraduate, Graduate, and ESL students
- 4:30pm: Dinner wtih Cultural Ambassadors
Friday, August 11
- 9am - 11:30am: ESL Testing
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: Welcome Picnic
- 4:30pm-7:30pm: Waterfron Shopping & Activities Trip
Saturday, August 12
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: Pittsburgh Neighborhood Tours
- 4:00-pm6:00pm: Bingo at the Nite Spot
- 6:30pm-8:30pm: Graduate Student Happy Hour
Sunday, August 13: If you are not living on campus permanently and have requested temporary housing for orientation, you must move out of the dorms on this day.
Wednesday, August 16
- ESL placement testing
Wednesday, August 16
Individual graduate orientations begin (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Undergraduate campus-wide Orientation for New Students begins: www.duq.edu/orientation
A more detailed schedule of events will given to you on the day of Orientation.
During Fall Orientation You Will:
- Meet other new students and the Cultural Ambassadors
- Get immigration, English testing, class registration, and student service information
- Meet with on-campus departments such as Health Services and English as a Second Language
- Speak with various service providers from the city of Pittsbrugh
- Take a campus tour of Duquesne and the neighborhoods of Pittsburgh
- Go shopping
- Enjoy fun activities on and off campus!
Spring 2017 Orientation - January 10, 2017
Spring Orientation is mandatory for all new international students.
Here is a brief outline of the day's events: (More information will be given at orientation)
- Orientation begins at 8:15am in room 613 of the student union. We will begin with breakfast and a welcome from the Office of International Programs.
- Sessions on topics for incoming students such as immigration, campus safty, technology, health insurance, Pittsburgh, life at Duquesne, and academics will be addressed.
- Health service clearances
- ESL testing will be conducted
Summer 2017 Orientation - May 11, 2017
Save the date and plan your travel arrangements accordingly. It is mandatory that you are in attendance if you are a new incoming student.