Duquesne University Cultural Ambassadors (DUCA)
Find us on CampusLink or email email@example.com
Why become a Cultural Ambassador (CA)?
- Have you ever been in a completely new situation and wished that you had someone to help you?
- Did you study abroad and want to keep the connection of international culture in your life?
- Are you a current international student and remember what it feels like to choose a U.S. university?
- Would you like to help the international community at Duquesne?
Consider becoming a Cultural Ambassador!
A Cultural Ambassador (CA) is a current student at Duquesne University who has already been through the process of choosing a university and settling into a new environment, and now they would like to help others through the process.
As a CA you will be paired with international students who are interested in Duquesne and need help through the decision, acceptance, orientation, and settling-in phases of the admissions and arrival processes. You will be able to help students in various ways.
Becoming a global citizen is essential for any student who plans on going into the U.S. workforce in the near future. The Cultural Ambassador program can help you gain these skills and serve as an excellent resume builder as well!
What we do...
Build an inviting and inclusive atmosphere for international students at Duquesne University through recruitment, welcoming and maintaining connections with students.
How We Do It...
Duquesne University Cultural Ambassadorsl promote intercultural understanding and global awareness on campus. Cultural Ambassadors will act as a resource for prospective and current international students through attracting, welcoming, and creating a strong international student community on campus. The program will provide leadership and service opportunities to all current students.
We Are Looking for Students Who Are...
How You Can Help Us:
1) Attract Students to Duquesne
- Connect with prospective and accepted international students through email to answer questions and help them better understand Duquesne University and Pittsburgh.
- Meet with and give campus tours to prospective students who are visiting Duquesne as needed.
2) Welcome New Students Upon Arrival
- Connect with incoming international students to help them prepare prior to their arrival at the university.
- Actively participate during orientation events to assist new student as they transition into life at DU and in the United States.
3) Form Community
- Serve as a resource for your paired international students throughout the semester, to help them settle in to life at DU and in America.
- Help plan and attend events organized for international students.
What We Need From Our CAs...
- Attend a CA training session (one held each semester)
- Attend monthly check-in meetings during each semester to connect with and organize events with other CAs.
- Attend an orientation preparation meeting in August.
- Communicate with your paired students in a timely manner.
- Attend at least one event per semester planned for international students.
- Respect all cultures, religions, values, and beliefs represented among your students
We are finished taking applications for the semester, unless you are a graduate student. To become a Cultural Ambassador please contact the Office of International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on campus link!