A A Email Print Share


Various circumstances may cause a student to have an overpayment to their student account. Payments from scholarships, loans, grants or other sources may be higher than the amount owed, resulting in a credit and a refund due to the student.*

You can check your account status in QuikPAY® to verify your balance and see if a refund is due. 

Direct Deposit Required for Student Refunds

  • This electronic transfer is the safest, quickest, most efficient way to receive your refund.
  • To enroll, simply log in to DORI and select:
    • Self Service Banner> Student Information> Student Account> Access QuikPAY®
  • Choose “Direct Deposit” from the menu and follow the prompts to enroll.
  • Please have your checking account and routing numbers handy to complete the process.
  • Once enrolled refunds are automatically deposited in the student's designated bank account when processed by Student Accounts.

Please Note:

If you are not enrolled in the direct deposit program or have a credit balance that is the result of a Parent Plus loan, a refund check will be mailed to the home address on file at the Registrar's Office.

In addition, students are advised to verify the direct deposit has been posted to their bank account before writing checks against this amount.  While every effort is made to ensure the deposit will be posted on the agreed upon date, various factors affect this transfer.  Duquesne University is not liable for any bank fees incurred by the student.

Credit balances that are the result of personal payments must be requested by the student no sooner than 15 business days after the payment is posted to the student's account.  The request must be made by email to Student Accounts or in person.

*Tuition remission recipients shall not receive University controlled gift aid, such as need-based grants, endowed funds, scholarships, etc., greater than the amount required for their direct costs. (Tuition, fees, room and board for on-campus undergraduate students; Tuition and fees for graduate students). 

Student Accounts Refunds Via Direct Deposit