Upcoming Forensic Fridays seminar, "Accident Reconstruction in Personal Injury Cases and Products Liability"
On April 9, 2010, Forensic Pathologist Cyril H. Wecht will be joined by one or more experts in failure analysis and/or biomechanics, along with veteran accident investigators Gary and Sarah Tallent, in this discussion of personal injury and products liability cases in which verdicts depended upon the use of available physical and biological evidence to reconstruct events.
FORENSIC FRIDAYS is a CLE and Professional Education Seminar Series hosted by the Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law.
Please visit the Forensic Fridays web page for more information.
Major Web Resources for Law Jobs
Looking for a legal job? DCLI/ACLL offers the following list of major web resources for law jobs. Try the below links for more employment information:
Legal News Links
Latest Legal Links
We promised to provide additional information regarding the new WestLawNext legal research system. This new interface is marketed as “easier to use” and “a more intuitive, you-centric research system.” The system provides one simple box for however you want to search. The inviting display makes it easy for you to choose where to search in order to arrive at ranked, relevant results quickly. Users will find the new interface clean, uncluttered, and easy to use. Additional WestLawNext features:
- Filter your results by topic, date, jurisdiction, court, or publication status with just one click.
- Customize your information display, including a “reading mode” option.
- View top results all together or sorted by content type.
- New case summary feature allows you to understand at a glance what a case is about.
- Track your research with visual indicators. Mark if you have opened a document (Already Viewed), saved it to a folder (Folder), or attached personal notes to it (Note) – so you know your research is done.
- Drag-and-drop into “My Research Folders” and search 12 months of “My Research History”.
- Highlight text online for future reference.