ACLL Borrower's Card Privileges
We encourage patrons to acquire their ACLL Borrower's card. Borrower's card fees provide privileges such as checking out books and accessing online databases. Access includes federal and all states' databases from LexisNexis and Westlaw. Borrowers also receive reduced charges for document delivery.
Schedule of Annual Borrower's Fees:
1. Attorneys of Allegheny County (both private and governmental):
|X-Large (101 +)||$6,000|
2. Attorneys outside of Allegheny County: $120 per person.
3. General Public of Allegheny County: $60 per person.
4. General public outside of Allegheny County: $100 per person.
5. Judges (federal, state, and local) will not be required to pay borrowers' fees. Other governmental law departments are not excluded.
Dr. John E. Murray's New Contracts Publication
Chancellor and Duquesne School of Law Professor Dr. John E. Murray, Jr. has completed a one volume desk edition of all 89 chapters of the treatise, Corbin on Contracts. Dr. Murray is the co-author of the biannual supplements to this treatise, and the author of revised Volume 9 of the Corbin treatise as well as his own often cited treatise, Murray on Contracts.
Legal News Links
Latest Legal Links
Lawyers.com is a free online legal resource developed by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell. It features access to a legal directory, a compilation of introductory information regarding legal topics, legal message boards, a legal help page, and law blog. The following descriptive information is from the "About Us" page:
When faced with a legal question, many people don't know where to start. Evaluating and choosing a lawyer for your needs and becoming educated about legal issues can be a daunting task. It's not easy to find the facts you need to make an informed decision, and the stakes - both personal and financial - are very high.
Lawyers.com can help. This FREE service from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell is designed specifically for individuals and small businesses and provides:
- Accurate and reliable profiles of 1 million lawyers and firms worldwide.
- A wealth of information to help users better understand the law, make more informed personal legal choices and identify high quality legal representation.
- Helpful tips on how to select an attorney, prepare for meeting an attorney and work with an attorney.
- An interactive discussion community of individuals and lawyers covering hundreds of legal topics.
- Consumer friendly explanations of major areas of law, articles on current legal topics, links to legal resources on the web, a glossary of 10,000 legal terms, and more.