ACLL CARDHOLDER BENEFITS – Please Renew Today!
Dear Library Patrons:
It is time once again to renew your library membership. We are thankful for your continued support to help keep Allegheny County Law Library a thriving legal information center even in these tough economic times. Based upon the findings of our recent focus group sessions, we are improving and adding services to meet your needs. Listed below are just a few of the many cardholder benefits:
Here is a link to the Borrowers' Application Form.
Expanded Cardholder Access to Westlaw Titles
- Am Jur. 2d
- National form sets
- ResultsPlus for over 600 secondary sources
- Federal Practice & Procedure / Wright & Miller
- Am Jur Modern Trials
- Am Jur Pleading & Practice Forms
- Am Jur Proof of Facts
- Causes of Action
- Federal Procedural Forms
- Pennsylvania primary sources
- PA Appellate Briefs
- PA Trial Fillings (includes jury instructions in individual trials)
- PA Pleadings, Motions and Memoranda
- PA Graphical Statutes and Legislative Histories
- PA Secondary sources including:
- Pennsylvania Forms
- West’s Pennsylvania Practice Series (including 23 individual titles)
- Standard PA Practice 2d
- Summary of PA Jurisprudence 2d
- 20% discount on all Continuing Legal Education courses which will expand next year. Additional discounts for multiple attendees from one firm.
- Conduct new series of free classes on legal research training, law office management, etc.
- Discounts on document delivery (fax or email delivery).
- All lawyers and support staff become cardholders with single subscription
- Checking out books from one of the largest collections of legal materials between both libraries
- Circulation privileges at both the County Law Library and Duquesne Center for Legal Information –2 week loans!
- Access to Lexis and Westlaw for federal and all state primary sources
- Access to ALI-ABA publications, Shepard’s Citations, KeyCite, LegalTrac, and Hein Online
The cost of library materials continues to outpace its funding resources, e.g. West has raised its prices an average of 15% each year for the past five years, e.g., Fed. Reporter, $10,000; West’s Federal Digest 4th, $6,500, or PBI publications, $14,500. Due to increased costs and decreasing filing fees, we must implement a small fee increase for cardholders over last year. We look forward to helping you with your legal research needs in the coming year. Please do not hesitate to ask for any assistance.
Joel Fishman, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for
Professor Frank Y. Liu
Director of DCLI/ACLL
ACLL- Federal Depository Library
ACLL is designated as a Federal Depository Library by the U.S. Government Printing Office. As a depository library, we receive selected government publications (e.g. Federal Register, CFR, Congressional Record, Department of Justice Reports) from the government for free. All members of the public are allowed to use these materials. The Government Printing Office is interested in learning more on how users utilize the federal depository program. Please complete the short survey at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HSLCRRB.
CLE Reminder - Trace Evidence Analysis: Legal Opportunities and Challenges
This Continuing Legal Education seminar is hosted by The Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law.
Friday, December 10
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Rockwell Hall, Rooms 505/506
For its final Forensic Fridays seminar of the year, the Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law is pleased to offer a program intended to bring criminal justice professionals up to speed on the opportunities and challenges facing trace evidence analysis and testimony in an era of both enhanced technology and increased scientific scrutiny. Featuring trace evidence expert David Exline, Senior Vice President of Gateway Analytical, LLC, Sgt. Michael Delcimmuto of the Pittsburgh Police Mobile Crime Unit, and one or more criminal attorneys, this seminar is ideal for prosecutors, criminal defense attorneys, law enforcement officers, and private investigators.
This program is accredited by the Pennsylvania CLE Board for three (3) hours of substantive CLE education. For more information or to register, please visit us www.duq.edu/forensics or contact us at 412-396-1330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal News Links
Supreme Court to look at huge sex bias suit vs. Wal-Mart
Whistleblower Settles Suit Against Lockheed — But Now 'the Good Guys' Are In the Way
Former Judges in Court: When 'Your Honor' Becomes Your Problem
French court: Continental guilty in Concorde crash
Kraft seeks injunction against Starbucks
Lawyer says L'Oreal family dispute resolved
Latest Legal Link
Forms.gov is the United States Government’s official hub for federal forms. The site is designed to assist citizens and businesses access federal agency forms. Users can utilize the search engine on the homepage to find specific forms in the catalog. The site offers a “Forms by Agency” page, providing links in alphabetical order by agency name. The site also provides a “Forms by Name” page, containing an alphabetical listing of all forms by name. Examples of frequently used forms include tax forms, small business forms, social security forms, veteran benefit forms, and FEMA forms.