Marketing your course is key to securing enrollment. Students need a variety of stimuli from various sources. You should advertise your course in at least three (3) different ways.
Information Sessions and Events
- Majors Fair
- Study Abroad Fair (late September)
- School and Major-specific opportunities
- All students (through Terry Tatrai)
- Targeted Groups (in your department? School? By major? e.g. Students studying French were a good target market for Art History to Paris)
Mailings (old snail mail)
Key People to reach out to:
- Advisors: Conversations, attend their meetings, emails
- Colleagues: Department Meetings, Class visits, Provide them with a flyer (paper and/or electronic?)
The OIP is available to assist you in your marketing plan and provide good samples of fliers, ads, email announcements, etc. Remember: you only have a few seconds to attract your audience's attention. Use minimal text and put the most important text first and make it stand out!
Marketing Plan Rubric
Calendar of Proposed Marketing Activities