As you consider leading a summer study tour, please visit the OIP and talk with Dr. Jean Anne Hattler (x6578). Consider applying for a Faculty Development Grant to do exploratory travel. Just a sampling of some of the many things to think about:
- How best to build a culturally and academically rich study abroad experience?
- How much of our time abroad should be free-time vs. academic time?
- What kind of learning and gatherings should my group have PRIOR to departure?
Practical and Logistical Issues:
- Do you need a “provider” (a professional travel/touring company) or do you have the contacts abroad who can help you with the arrangements?
- How many places should we plan to visit in a two or three-week study tour?
- How is it best to house and feed the students?
- How do we select air arrangements and reserve blocks of seats for group travel?
All of these questions – and many more - are welcomed in the OIP. We have helped dozens of leaders in the past and we are eager to help make your program successful.