The School of Leadership and Professional Advancement (SLPA) is one of ten Schools at Duquesne University. When viewing academic calendars on various Duquesne University web pages, SLPA students should verify that the calendar they are viewing is for SLPA terms (undergraduate) and semesters (graduate). The SLPA calendar is unique to our school.
In addition, online students should not assume that online participation is suspended on religious holidays or on other days when the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement office or Duquesne University is closed. Online courses run continuously from the course start date through the course end date. Always be sure to thorougly review your course syllabus for instructor expectations regarding due dates and frequency of online participation.
Graduate Academic Calendars
- 2012-2013 Graduate Academic Calendar
- 2012-2013 Graduate Academic Calendar at Moon Campus
- 2012-2013 Graduate Academic Calendar at Ft. Indiantown Gap
Undergraduate Academic Calendars
Important dates and deadlines requiring timely action are highlighted on the calendars:
- Drop/Add Deadline – The date by which students must either register for a course in order to receive credit for it upon completion or must drop the course to avoid losing tuition paid for the course. This date is set by the University Registrar to be the day before the second class meeting of a face-to-face course. Note: for online courses, the Drop/Add Deadline usually falls on the Friday before the start of the second Weekly Discussion Period.
- Withdrawal Deadline – The date after which a course withdrawal will result in the course appearing on the student’s transcript with a 'W' grade. This usually coincides with the fifth Saturday meeting on SLPA face-to-face calendars. Students are financially responsible for withdrawn courses.