Duquesne's Gumberg Library offers many services online to Duquesne University students.
- A wide range of research databases, journals, and e-books.
- Reference librarians are available to help students with their research and general questions.
- "Ask a Librarian" heading on Gumberg Library's website, you can chat with a librarian 24/7 through a variety of mediums.
- Text a librarian by sending a message to "66746".
Graduate Students - Research Guide
Undergraduate Students - Research Guide
School of Leadership Research Tools
Below are links and tools to aid students in the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement in finding relevant, scholarly resources about leadership.
- Bookmarks to over 200 peer-reviewed electronic journals useful for leadership studies - Download it, save it to your desktop, and add your own links to Web pages you visit frequently.
- Links to over 100 special journal issues and research review articles on dozens of leadership-related topics - Articles in special issues (and references cited in them) often provide a good starting point for a bibliographic search.
- See how subject heading classifications for the same article in EBSCOhost and ProQuest differ - This is important when searching in a database.
- Links to hundreds of Internet Web sites related to various aspects of leadership.
- View a tutorial on searching the ProQuest database.
- Multiple tutorials for different databases in the EBSCOhost family.
- Ask Here PA is a library reference service available to all Pennsylvania residents and all students enrolled in a Pennsylvania university. You can chat with a reference librarian 24/7.
- RefWorks is an online reference management service available to Duquesne students. It facilitates the creation of bibliographies in APA format. Create a RefWorks account for yourself.
- The RefShare page contains reference citations to all textbooks required by SLPA faculty for MLLS 710, 714 and 717 (core leadership courses). From it, you can select and import citations into your own reference database.
- Google Scholar helps you locate scholarly resources relevant to your topic of interest. Set your preferences to include Duquesne University among the list of Library collections searched and to select RefWorks as your preferred export tool.