Moodle is the online learning environment used by the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement to deliver Graduate Global Leadership (MSGL) online courses.
Accessing your Global Leadership (MSGL) courses in Moodle
- Go to http://duquesne.mrooms2.net/
- Login by entering:
Username: Your first and last name all together, lower case with no spaces. For example: Joe Smith would be "joesmith". Password:
You will receive a temporary password at the beginning of the term. You will be prompted to change your password prior to being granted access to the course(s). Change your password and keep it secure.
Password Creation Guidelines and Security
Duquesne University is serious about protecting the privacy of our student data. The first step is creating a strong password. Easily guessed or predictable passwords leave your data vulnerable; strong passwords are complicated and difficult to guess, enhancing data security. Strong passwords:
Frustrate hackers and prevent security breaches
Make it hard for unauthorized users to gain access to your personal files
Follow these rules:
Rule 1. Passwords should be at least 7 characters long.
Rule 2. Passwords should include 3 of the following:
Lower Case Letters
Numbers (including 0)
Any of the Following Symbols: ! + / *
Examples of Strong Passwords: (DO NOT use these examples !!)
Attbd12 - Contains one capital letter, lower case letters and numbers
5+gghhz - Contains a number, a symbol and lower case letters
Zz543*! - Contains a mixture of all types of characters
Some Basic Functions
- Navigating through each week's material requires you to select (click on) the title of the resource and you will be taken to the resource.
- To post in a Forum: Select Forums on the upper left of the Moodle site or select the Forum from the weekly listing (i.e. week 5 Team Discussion Forum). When the Forum opens select (click on) "add a new topic" button this is located in the middle of the page. Give your posting a "subject" title and in the space provided type your post. *(Hint: for longer posts or assignments, create your post in a Work document and copy and paste it into this area). After you are finished with your post, select (click) "post to forum" and you are finished.
- Responding to a Post: Select Forums. Select the Forum you want to respond in.
Select the person you want to respond to. After their post, select "reply" and then type your response. When you have finished typing, select "post". *You must use the Forums to respond to one another rather than using email! If you use email only you and the other person will be able to be a part of the conversation and the course is designed for interaction among all students.
- Posting your assignments: Select the Forum that corresponds to the assignment. Follow the same steps as "posting to a forum" above. Again, it is easier with longer writings to create your work in a Word document and then copy and paste it in the assignment forum.
Intra-Team Virtual Communication
- Facebook Chat
- Google Docs
- Conference Calls
- Cisco WebEx Connect
- Venuegen Software
- www.evernote.com - share notes with classmates, add drawings, etc. It could be helpful for working in teams
- www.wunderlist.com - create 'to do' lists
Questions Regarding Moodle?
Moodle system is administered by the School of Leadership Director of Technology, David McGeehan, 412.396.5128 , email@example.com. Please contact David directly with any MSGL or Moodle questions.