What are the Thesis Proposal guidelines?
1. The cover sheet follows the form of a thesis title page. You can download a sample here.
2. The prospectus may be a revised version of research seminar paper prospectus.
3. The prospectus must present the proposed main argument of the project.
4. There should be a statement as to why the themes and thesis of the work may be historically significant (is the work historically important and/or historiographically important?).
5. There should be an outline of possible chapters (it is understood that these may change over the course of research and writing).
6. The narrative part of the prospectus, outlining what the thesis will be about, why the topic is significant, a synopsis of relevant historiography, and how the work will be organized (proposed chapters) should be about 6-7 (no more than 8) pages long.
7. There must be a working bibliography (which could be another 2-3 pages).