Our tutors are fully trained and supervised. You can be confident that they are committed to your success. This assures that you receive the best possible tutoring service.
Learning Skills tutors..
- Attend required and advanced training workshops.
- Are knowledgeable in their subject areas and fully prepared for their tutoring sessions.
Tutors are trained in these areas to prepare them for their responsibilities:
- Diagnostic Teaching focuses on identifying learning needs, lesson planning and objective writing, and tutor-tutee relationships.
- Clinical Supervision focuses on tutor-supervisor relationships and observations of tutoring sessions.
- Developmental Tutoring focuses on helping tutors develop a curriculum for students not yet enrolled in formal courses.
To Learn more about becoming a Tutor, contact:
Sherry Goldman, M.S., M.M.
Assistant Director for Academic Services