The role of the accounting department at Duquesne University is to maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the University’s accounting records and information.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the University’s external audit and preparing the annual financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Preparing the University’s various tax filings such as the 990 and 990T Federal tax returns, various fiduciary returns, sales tax filings, and parking tax filings.
- Maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the University’s Banner General Ledger module.
- Managing and coordinating the general ledger closing process.
- Preparing quarterly financial statements.
- Monitoring the cash-flow of the University and the investment of short-term idle operating cash.
- Monitoring and reconciling the investment activity of the University’s investment portfolio.
- Monitoring and reconciling the long-term debt activity of the University and initiating required debt service payments.
- Reconciling designated University bank accounts and maintaining relations with the various banking representatives.