- The first time you access your voice mailbox, you will be asked to change your security code, record your name, and record a personal greeting.
- Before calling, take a minute to review the following steps so you’ll know what to expect.
- Refer to the Voice Mail Quick Reference Guide after you have completed the first-time voice mail setup.
1. Entering Your Mailbox
a. Call the voice mail system at x4740 (or 412-396-4740 from off-campus)
b. When the system answers, press #
c. Enter your mailbox number (4-digit extension)
d. Enter the temporary security code of 3853 (or DUKE)
The system will now play a brief introduction to get you acquainted with using voice mail.
3. Change Your Security Code
a. Enter new security code and press # when done. This number cannot match your extension number.
b. Re-enter your security code to confirm
c. Press # when completed
4. Record your name
a. Press 1 to begin recording. Simply state your name. Do not record your greeting in this space.
b. Press # to end recording
c. Press # to save or press 1 to re-record
5. Record a personal greeting
a. Press 1 to begin recording and press # to end recording
b. Press # to save or press 1 to re-record greeting
c. Example: "Hi, this is John Doe . I am away from my desk or on another line, please leave a message at the tone and I will return your call. Thank you.
d. Exit the voice mail system by pressing 99.