You can trust the University Counseling Center to protect the confidentiality of your personal records.
- Only Counseling Center staff have access to personal clinical information.
- Records are not shared outside the Center without your written permission. This includes consultation with parents, teachers or friends.
- You may see your records in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. All requests must be in writing.
- Attendance might be shared with University Administrators, faculty or the Student Assistance Team, when the sharing of this information is consistent with the best interest of the client.
- may be shared with legal counsel retained by the Center or the Center's insurance carrier.
- may be shared upon order of the court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or a court of the United States of America.
- may be shared with licensed medical personnel, mental health professionals, law enforcement officers, parents, guardians or others implicated in situations where the life or physical well-being of the client or others is deemed to be in danger.