Code of Business Ethics and Conduct in PDF Format
This Code of Business Ethics and Conduct is to promote a professionally effective and collaborative work environment at Duquesne University through the establishment of general guidelines for employees’ conduct and behavior.
Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit, as an academic community committed to teaching, research, service, and learning, acknowledges specific core values that characterize the university community in all of its activities. These core values include integrity, respect, excellence, and responsibility. The ways in which the University community uniquely embodies these core values are the cornerstones of the Duquesne experience and must be an enduring part of the work-life of each and all of its members.
Each member of Duquesne University community is an integral participant in the University's mission of excellence in teaching, research, service to God, service to students and service to community. Each member of the University community is expected to exhibit a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity consistent with the pursuit of excellence in the conduct of his/her responsibilities.
The University, as a community, holds to certain shared values by which our actions are measured and governed. This policy identifies certain of those commonly held values and associated behaviors. Violations of this Code of Business Ethics and Conduct may be cause for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Members of the University have an obligation to management, fellow employees, and students to conduct all University business in accordance with the University’s mission, values, and established policies and procedures.
- Members agree to cooperate with and treat fellow employees and students with honesty and respect.
- Members agree to commit themselves to ethical and professional conduct.
- Members agree that they will not violate the privacy or confidentiality of information entrusted to them.
- Members agree to avoid conflicts of interest, be honest, and reject bribery or any inappropriate coercion.
- Members agree to strive to achieve highest quality, effectiveness, and integrity.
- Members agree to acquire and maintain professional competence.
- Members agree to manage personnel and resources responsibly.
Members of the campus community should contact their immediate supervisor, vice president, or director of internal audit if they have any issues concerning possible non-compliance with this Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, call the University’s Ethics Reporting Hotline, toll-free, at 1-866-294-8662, or report via the web at http://www.ethicspoint.com.