Expressing Interest in a New Position
- University employees who wish to transfer to a different or higher-level position, and who have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities, should submit a cover letter and resume to the Office of Human Resource Management which indicates the position(s) they are interested in.
- Your materials will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
- You can view posted job openings on the Employment website.
Eligibility for Transfer
- Because of the cost involved in the employment and training process, newly hired or transferred individuals will not be eligible for future transfer outside their department for a period of one year without the expressed permission of their current department head.
- An individual who is being strongly considered as a finalist for an internal position should notify his/her current supervisor of the possibility of transfer.
- A reasonable notice must be given once the job is offered and accepted. Two weeks is preferred and strongly encouraged.
Evaluation After Transfer
- Employees transferred to new positions within the University will be subject to a three-month (90 day) Introductory and Review Period during which their skills will be evaluated.
For full information, please see TAP #6 – Selection, Assignment, Transfer, and Promotion of Non-Faculty Employees