Duquesne University Student Health Services, staffed by a team of dedicated professionals, provides healthcare, prevention, education, outreach and public health services to a diverse student population in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
We promote the university-wide mission of the development of total well-being, encouraging healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility to enhance students' capacity for reaching academic and personal goals, thereby enhancing their overall learning experiences.
Student Health Services will be an outstanding resource committed to meeting the changing health needs and well-being of the university community.
1. Our spectrum of services supports the academic mission of Duquesne University and health in its broadest sense.
2. Student Health Services values its connection with the Division of Student Life and their unwavering concern for students on our campus.
3. We pursue excellence by delivering quality, efficient and cost-effective services that meet professional and accreditation standards as well as relevant Federal and State regulations.
4. We provide easy access to affordable, multidisciplinary professional services.
5. We are committed to ethical practices and to our unique responsibility to protect patient confidentiality.
6. The learning environment and health of our students are enhanced by our collaboration and partnership with students, the community and other campus health-related programs and services.
7. We value individual diversity, providing care that respects personal values, integrity and beliefs in a fair and honest manner.
8. We design and implement innovative and creative responses to current and changing health care needs and characteristics of our student population.
9. We serve as advocates for a healthy campus by providing leadership on health policy issues and as leaders during health-related crises.
10. We foster a positive work environment where the values of respect and accountability are understood and demonstrated by our staff.
11. We strive to ensure a non-judgmental, safe and secure environment for students.
12. Student Health Services values learning and supports opportunities for professional and personal development.