Emergency Medical Care/After Hour Care
What to do when Student Health Services is closed?
ON- CAMPUS RESIDENTS:
• CALL PUBLIC SAFETY (Campus Police) 412-396-2677(COPS) • Residence Life Staff will assist with summoning D.U. Public Safety.
• The Residence Hall staff and Public Safety both have access to a Registered Nurse from Health Service if necessary.
• Campus Police will transport students to and from an Emergency Department depending upon severity of situation and will summon paramedics if needed.
• UPMC Mercy Hospital/Trauma Center is located across Stevenson Street at the edge of campus.
OFF CAMPUS RESIDENTS/COMMUTERS:
• DIAL 9-1-1 IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY
• If non-life threatening, proceed to the nearest Urgent Care or Emergency Department.
MENTAL HEALTH/COUNSELING SERVICES AFTER HOURS:
• After hours on call emergency Counseling /Mental health coverage is available at this number:412.396.6204 - Click here for more information
LOCAL/REGIONAL URGENT-CARE FACILITIES:
UPMC Urgent Care at Shadyside
5231 Centre Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., 365 days per year
PAT Bus connection: 71A, 77A, 77B, 81B, 86A Many insurances policies are accepted.
UPMC Walk-in Primary Care Clinic Southside
2000 Mary Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday
MedExpress Urgent Care
5201 Baum Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., 7 days/week
Call for fee rates.