Room Selection Process for Returning Students
All freshman and sophomore students are required to reside on campus or with their parent or guardian, in accordance with the Campus Residency Policy.
Returning students can select a room through Group Housing Selection or the Room Selection Lottery.
Information Sessions for 2013-2014 Housing
Housing Information Fair
Wed., Feb. 6, 2013, 3 to 7 p.m. in the Towers MPR
Group Housing Information Sessions
Tue., Jan. 29, 2013, 7:30 p.m. in the St. Ann Kathryn King Room
Tue., Jan. 29, 2013, 8:15 p.m. in the St. Martin 1st Floor Lounge
LLC Open House Events
Q & A, building tours available at each event.
Brottier Open House - Monday, February 11, 2013 @ 9 p.m. or Thursday, February 14, 2013 @ 3 p.m. in Brottier Lobby
Des Places Open House - Monday, February 4, 2013 @ 4 p.m. in Des Places 2nd Floor Lounge
Towers Open House - Monday, February 4, 2013 @ 9 p.m. in Towers MPR
Vickroy Open House - Monday, February 4, 2013 @ 9 p.m. in Vickroy MPR
To select a room, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current student
- Have a $0 student account balance
- Make a $300 non-refundable deposit.
How Does the Housing Lottery Work?
Students select lottery numbers in the Assumption Lobby from Feb. 27-March 1 and March 11-14, 2013.
Room selection will occur on Wednesday, March 13 & Thursday, March 14 in the Duquesne Union Ballroom
- Wednesday, March 13 - Current Juniors and up at 4 p.m., Current Sophomores at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14 - Current Freshman at 4 p.m.
- Each student, after showing proof that the $300 housing deposit has been paid, will select a lottery number based on his or her academic standing.
- Roommate(s) will each select a lottery number and select a room assignment based on the better of the lottery numbers.
- Vickroy & Des Places rooms may only be selected as full rooms or full suites.
- Students will report to the Union Ballroom at the designated time and will select a room when their lottery number is called.
- At the identified time, the student and his or her roommate(s) will be able to choose from the remaining rooms or apartments.