CCME Grad Staff Job Description
Spiritan Campus Ministry invites Graduate students from all disciplines, backgrounds, and faiths to help lead the 2017-2018 CCMES! Please read the following job description, and fill out the online application. Following your application, you will be asked to complete a 30 min. interview with SCM staff and then be placed on the experience that best fits your gifts, talents and interests. For more information on the different trips that we offer please visit here. For any questions about the trips or application process, please contact Kate Lecci at email@example.com or Fr. Bill Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCME Grad Student Job Description
• Must undergo six one-hour training session throughout the fall semester
• Facilitate 4 pre-trip meetings with students in the Spring Semester
• All pre-trip logistics, training and pre-trip meetings will be prepared by a Spiritan Campus Ministry employee prior to the experience and details for each experience will be shared with the appropriate staffers. CCME staffers are solely responsible for what occurs on their respective trip and facilitating pre-trip meetings.
• Responsible for managing the Crowdfunding websites for your specific trip. (This includes updates and reminder emails to the group).
• While staffing the Cross-Cultural Mission Experience, responsibilities include: general logistics (car rentals, shuttling students to service sites, grocery shopping, meal planning, tracking spending etc.), working with and facilitating ongoing relationship with community partners, facilitating group reflections/ prayer time, conflict resolution and balancing group dynamic.
• Be open and available for individual or group processing and conversation with students on the CCME. It is imperative that discretion is used and information discussed during these conversations is not to be shared unless a student may be a harm to themselves or someone else or student gives permission to share.
• No alcohol or illegal substances are to be consumed during the trip.
This job requires a great deal of multitasking and decisions making skills. Occasionally, changes in the week's schedule occur at the request of the community partners. It is up to the staffers to resolve these issues on site for the group's benefit on the experience.