Catholic Bible Study
Thursday night Bible Study welcomes anyone who is looking for good company with whom to reflect on the Gospel of the coming Sunday and to explore ways to bring God's Word into our daily lives.
Making Bible Study a Lived Experience
The Thursday night Bible Study is a formative experience
- Using sound Catholic Scripture scholarship as a foundation, the facilitators of the bible Study offer a brief reflection on the coming Sunday's Scripture.
- Students engage in a time of small-group discussion and conversation
- Groups then come together for a time of sharing
The simple process, along with faith in the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the belief that each person has a gift to share, has consistently yielded the fruits of inspiration and insight.
The Three "P"s
A commitment to what has become known as the "three 'p's" - prayer, preparation, and proclamation - helps each person to discern how to live and when to proclaim the Gospel message.
- Spending time in the Word and in prayer about how our lives serve as examples of the Gospels to Duquesne and the broader community.
- Being intentional about the choices we make and how those choices affect our spiritual life, so that we can be effective models for others.
- Knowing how and when to respectfully share one's faith journey with others.